On my dev instance today, I'd left my cluster set in rolling upgrade mode when I went to upgrade from 8.5 to 9.2 and set all my boxes to upgrade at the same time, the upgraded boxes wouldn't start, citing they don't support a rolling upgrade between major versions, which is fine, however I couldn't find a way to get the system out of thinking it was in rolling upgrade mode so I could just finish upgrading one box with the other two down. Since I couldn't get to the GUI.
I restored from a backup and ran my upgrade again on a single box and it went through fine.
My question is, is there a db command or config file line change to stop the system thinking its in rolling upgrade mode without the browser GUI, so on the offchance this happens again, we dont have to roll all the way back to a backup and upgrade again.
For clarity, running on Linux as a service