Using JIRA 6.2 standalone.
There is a custom text field (multi-line) expanded by default In the JIRA issue view screen. How can we set it collapsed by default (right after creation e.g.)?
Now:
Now.png
Goal:
Goal.png
Not sure if you can do that with the JIRA Multi Line Custom field natively.
If you really want to hack it, just put a javascript in (anywhere in the create Screen or in the custom field descrption) to explicitly collapse it. Find the div ID then put a class attribute like this:
<div id="field-customfield_xxxx" class="twixi-block collapsed">
I put this code in the field description (replacing id), but it didn't affect neither the new nor the previously created issues. Anyway, thanks for the idea.
Get the html codes and find the right code. Maybe I got it wrong or we have different JIRA versions.
I've checked, the HTML code is correct. But it is ignored for some reasons. If I expand field at any issue, it expands in other issues too, as well as in the just created issues (class="twixi-block expanded). If I collapse field, same things happens everywhere (class="twixi-block collapsed).
I need the same functionality. Did you come up with anything?
Nope
Yes I was able to make this work on Jira 7.5 server. Use the below html code in the custom field description. Replace the custom field Id to the correct one.
<script type="text/javascript">AJS.$(document).ready(function() {AJS.$("#field-customfield_15901").addClass("collapsed").removeClass("expanded")});</script>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.