I am new to Jira and have never utilized it in the past. I have been utilizing Trello to keep track of what stage our projects are in (we are a commercial Refrigeration/HVAC and residential HVAC company). Trello is great but we are looking for a way to track each step through out the project from the Sales Team's visit and getting awarded the job, all the way through job completion, inspections passed and payments received. We have different processes for each of our divisions, ie: Commercial, Residential, New Install, Change out of old.
Is there a good template I can use to add those process steps in and then the tasks automatically move from one step to the next when each task is complete.
I'm not sure if I'm explaining this clearly. Here's an example I sure hope helps:
Sales team goes to a location and gets awarded the job by using Jira to ensure all information is received, contracts signed, etc. This task now moves to the Project Manager for the appropriate division with the information received by the Sales Team - completes their tasks. The next task for this process pops up for the appropriate person to complete - all the while all past information is clearly visible for everyone.
As I am very new to Jira - reading all I can about it! So I'm not even sure if this is possible! Any assistance or direction would be appreciated. If you could (pardon the expression) dumb it down for me, I'd be eternally grateful!
Thank you!