Our legacy system had the Jira equivalent of "Assignee" to be "Engineer", and "Reporter" to be "Submitter".
Can I change these values in Jira through a properties file setting?
Think hard before doing it. It's not fun maintaining language files for the life of the installation.
Yes, you can change the "issue.field.reporter" etc property in the language file... have a look at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Translating+JIRA for details of how to do it.
yes, see the following link. http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA042/Customizing+text
Agreed. I wish I had fought this battle harder before I gave in and renamed "affects version". Now I have to make this change with every upgrade. Bleh.
Yeah... also take into account a lot of the online documentation won't make sense to the users. In fact, just say no. People will get used to the jira way in no time at all.
Interestingly, before jumping back into this thread, I was diving into instructions above...yuck. I had already convinced myself this was one customization I was not going to do, and there comment confirm my instinct. Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.