We use the resolution field in JIRA to reperesent various states of delivery for an issue during the Resolve phase of its lifecycle. For some reason when the issue is moved to Closed JIRA is automatically setting the Resolution back to "Unresolved" Is there any way to keep the current Resolution when moving issues to Closed?
Sounds like one of your administrators has either
* edited the workflow and included a post-function to clear the resolution
or
* created a listener that catches "close" events and set it up to clear the resolution field
I'd rule those two out first - have a quick look for listeners, and then check the workflow
I am the admin, and I didn't do either of those things, so I'm pretty sure neither of them is the cause.
The only other thing I can think of that might matter is the fact that we use Greenhopper and "Resolved' is an "In Progress" state for us, not a "Done" state.
Ok, then it's almost certainly Greenhopper then - look at the resolutions for the "closed" column and remove the "any" option, or "none" - in other words, force the column to always have a resolution.
I'm not sure where you check the resolutions for "closed". I seem to remember seeing this at one point, but I can't figure out how to get back to it. Would you please give me specific instructions on how to check it.
Yes, but I needed to fix this issue so we didn't lose resolution information when dragging from Resolved to Closed in the Work board. We use five columns on our Work board: Open, Blocked, In Progress, Resolved and Closed
ok i tried to do the same...
i chose a project using a modified workflow...in agile configuration i set "Simplify Workflow" and indeed there will be added a post funkction "The Resolution of the issue will be cleared." to the "closed" transition.
but i do have the choice to delete it...can you please check what persmission you have on the project?
check Permission Schemes and Project Roles
note:
i see "The Resolution of the issue will be cleared." is going to be added to all transitions...which currently makes no sense to me...what is the use of setting a resolution to "none" if you resolve an issue...
i think this has to be checked out by Atlassian if this is really a feature or a bug.
I'm using our Sysadmin account, so I should have blanket permissions, no?
I agree with your note. Seems like clearing the resolution is making a pretty big assumption about people's workflows. We clearly need it to reamain set for ours. I would think it should have to be explicitly added as a post function.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.