Hello all,
we have currently a challenge. We will migrate two different confluence environments into a fresh one. What will happen with all the links? Will these break?
Best
Jean
Hi @Jean-Michel Ochmann
Within a single Confluence environments, links should be preserved if the migration is done in one chunk.
Or are you talking about links from Confluence A to Confluence B? If that's the case, maybe instead migrating A -> C and B -> C, you could go A -> B, then AB -> C.
Hey @Kristian Klima thanks for your answer,
we need to do it A -> C & B -> C. So this means the links will break right? And needs to be adjusted?
@Jean-Michel Ochmann Based on my experience on server and cases I've seen here, the links between A and B will probably break.The links between spaces within A, and the links between spaces within B, will not break if a whole site is migrated in one go.Perhaps you can test this on small scale with a space from A and a space from B (the spaces would be cross-linked), migrate them to C and observe the behavior.
When I dealt with the issue, I used a search/replace app to find the pages with links I had to correct, then had to dig in manually. The app could do full regex but I didn't want to risk wrecking thinks unintentionally. Chances are this can be done programmatically but that's beyond my expertise.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.