I am trying to configure so that user session expire every 30 minutes but i cant seem find the property for it. And it's def not in general nor advance configuration.
Thanks in advance!
I'm afraid, there is no way to configure the session timeout in JIRA via administration or a command line option. You have to edit the bundlet web.xml file:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+the+default+session+timeout
The default session timeout seems to be 30 minutes. Then you would not have to do anything. Maybe you want to deactivate the "remember my login" option, too?
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Disabling+Remember+My+Login+on+this+Computer
Additionally, if your JIRA authenticates to Crowd, there is a session timeout control in Crowd in the Admin tab, click Session Config. There's a field Session Timeout to enter the Crowd timeout as well which would affect users logged in to JIRA.
Thanks for taking the time to add this little bit of intel Adam - exactly what I was looking for.
we are interested in changing the timeout, NOT THE default timeout.JUST the timeout value?Where can we go in JIRA to do that? (NOT confluence, in jira o nly).Thank you.
A quick tip.
If any of the installations are data center editions and on AWS, I suggest to update the following:
Update timeout in the following three places and make sure timeout number matches in all 3
1. /conf/web.xml2. /WEB-INF/web.xml3. Sticky session on ALB Target group(if you are using AWS infra)
Where do you found these files?
Hi Lisa
You will find 1 & 2 in opt/jira/
I still can not find 1 or 2, can you give me more details on finding these files as an admin?
Is there some support for these types of changes, if you are new at this?
Thanks for the info. My session timeout setting in Crowd only 30 and now it has been updated. If anyone couldn't see the Admin tab then select the Cog Wheel -> Session Configuration.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.