I have a user that was added through a read only LDAP directory. I have since removed the user from the associated group in LDAP, but the user still exists in Confluence. How can I remove this user entirely from Confluence?
Hi Matt,
Try running the full synchronization ( Disable the User Directory, Enable it and synchronize)
This should remove the user that's not in LDAP anymore.
Hope this helps,
Marcus
Do you want to remove all mentions of this user (the changes made, comments made,...) ?
Or only his/her access?
If you want to remove all links to this user completely that's not so easy.
Best regards,
Peter
Hi Marcus, I am guessing I will need a maintenance window to disable the user directory? That is, while disabled, LDAP users won't be able to access.
user activity isn't an issue, just looking to have user not listed in people, not count towards licensing etc.When attempting to Disable the user, receive error that it is read-only LDAP directory.
Indeed. While the user directory is disabled, no ldap users will be able to access the application.
Matt,
Did you already look at these articles :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Changing+the+Number+of+Users+Synchronized+from+LDAP+to+Confluence
and
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Disabling+External+User+Does+Not+Reduce+Licensed+User+Count
They are both about reducing your user count in a Confluence instance with an LDAP.
Does this have any effect on existing users, and their configuration settings?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.