We are wanting to only allow our customers access to issues that they create, while allowing our employees access to all issues. What is the best approach to to achieve our goals?
Thank you.
Can you divide your customers into separate projects?
If not, then you can't do this off-the-shelf. Adding just "Browse: Reporter" to permissions will enable ALL users who can create an issue in the project to see ALL the issues in that project.
If you can't split it up by project, then you need "Current reporter browse" permission enabled. Then poeple can create issues in one project, and not see anyone else's issues
(Oh, on the easy part - letting your developers in, that's simple - use "role: developers" in the permission scheme and then put the right developers into the role in the projects they need to work on)
Hi Alexey, I was able to set the create issue permission however, I cannot locate the "browse issue" permission. Can you please tell me where I can locate that permission?
browse project permission
Hi Nic, Unfortunately we cannot seperate the customers into a separate project. Do we have to do something special to be able to find and enable the "current reporter browse"? We are on JIRA 6.4
My customer still sees all issues created and can see issues in other projects.
If you are on 6.4 then I suspect you are on Jira OnDemand. I do not believe you can enable "current reporter browse" there.
Why not use Issue Security Schemes instead? To control who will see what within the project?
If you have >10 customers or one customer generates just 3-5 issues security schemes can hardly be applicable. Also when customer creates issue - he doesn't want to understand what is security scheme and what should he put inside the security level field.
Yes that makes sense.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.