Hi,
I need to do a massive bulk change of the groups in Crowd mainly used by JIRA and found doing it with SQL might be a good idea. It seem that I only need to update the tables cwd_group and cwd_membership to create a set of new groups (nested) and assign users to them.
When running my SQL statements in Crowd anything looks fine but unfortunately JIRA refuses to synchrionize the new groups from Crowd.
I added new groups via the web interface of crowd as well. After a directory sync the group will appear in JIRA.
I also compared the database using a dump to find out what happens in the database when adding a new group. I can only find a change in the table cwd_group. The groups I created using SQL only differ very slightly in the created and update columns.
Created via Web-Gui
diff crowd_270_20140527.sql crowd_270_20140527_2.sql
1320a1321
> 5308418 Area_Test_Test area_test_test T T 2014-05-27 13:45:45.043 2014-05-27 13:45:45.043 Area_Test_Test GROUP 2162689
Created with SQL:
diff crowd_270_20140527_2.sql crowd_270_20140527_3.sql
1322
> 5308420 Area_Test_Test_Test area_test_test_test T T 2014-05-27 15:47:41.883489 2014-05-27 15:47:41.883489 Area_Test_Test_Test GROUP 2162689
I have no clue why my groups are not showing up in JIRA. Any hint in the right direction is very much appreciated!
Best Regards,
Christian