Using MS-SQL 2008 & Stash 1.31 and the database migration wizard (after a clean install using the embedded hsql db), a new DB for stash set to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS for collation (CI = case insensitive) made the database migration wizard spit out the following error when I clicked "Test":
Stash requires a case sensitive database, but the target database is case insensitive. For information about configuring databases for use with Stash, please refer to the Stash documentation.
I set the database to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS, yet Stash's DB migration wizard continues to insist it's still case insensitive. I restarted Stash, it still says the DB is case insensitive. I took the DB offline and then back online, and Stash still says it's case insensitive.
I put some dummy chars in the name of the database, and Stash's DB migration wizard still says the "the target database is case insensitive". So I'm thinking it's not querying the database, it's querying the server default. And since this is a multi-tenant DB server, the owners prefer it to be SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS by default. Regardless, this server also hosts a Jira database, which has to be set case insensitive.
Your products should work together a little better, Atlassian.
Any idea on what I can do with Stash? I can't go forward with this tool until I have it using a real database.