I'd like to restrict read-access to a specific issue type within a project, but allow broader access for other issue types within the same project. Is that possible?
No. Permissions are project level configuration.
However, they do have some flexibility and you can do something like this. For example...
If you use issue-level security, it's quite easy to set up post-functions to automatically set security (and beacuse you want to do it by issue type, you can have "set security level A" in one workflow for type A and "sec level B" for type B and so-on)
You can play tricks with users or group custom fields
You might consider the use of current-reporter-browse permission which isn't about issue types, but locks users out of issues they didn't raise.
and and and
Thanks Nic. I'm going to take the path of least resistance and just use a new project. But I do appreciate your thorough answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.