I tried to login to Bitbucket from Sourcetree and seem to be getting the same Login Error message:
Login failed for your Bitbucket account.
The remote service said: 'Login error'
How could I go about fixing this?
I had this problem. To fix:
1-go to source tree window, clicked remote
2-little gear icon, clicked "settings"
3-double clicked on Bitbucket server, changed protocol from default HTTPS to SSH
that's all it took to fix
Hi Eli - what do you mean by "remote" as I don't see it in my Source tree
Thank you! This fix it!
I was able to get it working by following the steps below (Windows 8 OS)
Hope this helps
This fixed one error. However I then ran into problems trying to get SSH woring. Namely when I tried to clone a repository I got an error
"Authentication via SSH keys failed"
I created the SSH key using Tools > Create or Import SSH Keys.
The error asked "Do you want to launch the SSH key agent (Pageant) and retry?
When I tried this the error repeated.
I have added the key using Pageant in the system tray and set it to default.
Strangely I have now reverted back to HTTPS and things seem to be working.
Thanks much. Worked for me also.
I was able to resolve this error by backing up and using my atlassian community login instead of my bitbucket login.
Mac OSX 10.13.3 same issue - am entering correct Bitbucket server base url, username and password and am getting Login erro all the time... what a waste of time... I have SSH private key added to my key manager.
I just downloaded the latest SourceTree (funny - it doesn't even allow you to look up version before authentication - what a nonsense!). Have an older version on another machine and it's still working. Wasting more and more time with Atlassian products = starting to decrease my productivity significantly.
After many hours of fumbling around, removing the passwd file was the fix that finally worked for me, detailed here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/How-to-update-HTTP-S-credentials-in-sourcetree/qaq-p/297564
Hey, I'm having the same problem!
Just upgraded to SourceTree 3.2 (224) and started having this shit issue.
Don't know what to do! annoying!!!
Please assist..
On windows the fix for me was to go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree and remove the passwd file.
I removed the password file on the equiv. mac directory (~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree) and it didn't help. So annoying! going to stop using Sourcetree, too many bugs!!!EDIT: After wasting a couple of hours on this, it worked after I changed to SSH and created a KEY + uploaded it to bitbucket. This BUG shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Hey guys, I solved it like this:
Cheers
For me, I have to change from SSH to HTTPS for it to work. Sooooo annoying!!!!!!
fuck this half baked company with their half baked products
im uninstalling all their shit
and selling all their stocks
gonna use github instead
You are right
1. Open the SourceTree App from Windows Operating System (as I'm not sure of other OS, may be worth trying out this same fix)
2. In Registration step, once entered the Root URL & Username by selecting the BitBucket Server (if this option doesn't work, try clicking the another one), click on Login which will prompt for password, once entered correctly, then still it might not allow you to proceed
3. Close the setup dialogue and again reopen the SourceTree App
4. Now you should be able to see your username and corresponding email registered in your bitbucket and succeed, complete the setup of SourceTree.
this works! thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.