So I created a certificate, exported, and imported it into the keystore. After that I restart JIRA and I do not see the profile selector for HTTP or HTTPS. Currently my JIRA installation is running under http and this is not correct. I would like JIRA to answer on HTTPS. Also to complicate matters I am running JIRA in IIS7 which shares mulitple IP addresses, so that means that I need to set up a proxy service to forward the request for the given domian to JIRA. This is not a problem until IE9 throws up a certifcate error because the SSL for the host name is diffrent than the JIRA context.
Currently my installation is at http://localhost:8080/jira, our need is for https://ourDomainName.com to forward the request to JIRA and jira still be delivered on a secure and encrypted port. I hope this has made some sort of sense.
Looks like I don't see the profiles selector for the config tool because I do not run JIRA 5.2, I run JIRA 5.1.8. Thta said I ran through the instructions for enabling SSL but still cannot get JIRA to listen on SSL.
Thanks in advance for any help.