my question is about why metaspace always is full? I have a small usage of my JIRA instance, 3 GB server, and allocated JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY 1024 m and JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY 1500 for jira.
The other are not half "full"/red...
I think you need to explain what you mean by "metaspace", it's not a term I recognise when talking about Java memory settings.
Meta space below always 0%.. should it be so?
Skärmavbild 2014-11-14 kl. 23.11.11.png
see my screenshot in reply below.. cheers
Ah, my apologies, I've not had to deal with a client having memory issues with Java 8 yet, so I've not run into the term. If I understand it correctly, I'd say that's not a problem - it's supposed to dynamically re-allocate as it's required, so it should really be full all the time.
We recognize the same situation, does it have any negative impact?
This should be the expected behavior when no maximum limit is configured for MetaSpace explicitly.
We have created the KB article below to clarify this behavior:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.