We have an epic listed in a subtending backlog. Once its approved we move it from the subtending backlog to the master backlog. It appears that occassionally the person in reporter role is changed when the epic is moved from one project to the other. Any ideas why I am seeing this happen?
One other thing that you might check is the conditions setup in the workflow transitions. Sometimes if you use default, JIRA might have conditions like "Only users with Create issues" permissions can execute this transition etc. If you have different workflows setup for different issue types and they have different conditions, that might be the case.
I would typically agree with that but that doesn't seem to be the case all of the time. It seems when i move them as a super admin it doesn't change or and it only changes some of the time when the project admin moves tem. I haven't been able to nail down the situation when it changes and when it doesn't.
And do you see anything in the logs?
I see nothing in the logs, and yes i have that condition set, but the users do have te permissions to create issues too.
Can you verify the following:
Overall, what you are seeing might be caused by:
that are related to create issue step.
One last thing I can think of is the database integrity (assuming you are not using HSQL) and/or indexing.
If all look OK above, I would definitely create a support ticket.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.