hello,
can i know how to display the "security level " in the issue's informations ?
Because when a user creates an issue in the same project
Sometimes we see the level of security Sometimes we don't
[pic]
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx2sOasGvzxtUG42OW1pV2tDUVU/edit
Thanks for your help
I guess, you see the security level field only if you got the permission "Set Issue Security". Please check your permission scheme, if this fits with your observation.
You will only see the field if you've got a security scheme associated with the project, AND a security level is set on the issue.
If it's not showing, then there is nothing set for this issue.
as @ Nick said you have not set the security level for the issue
check here for more information
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+Security+on+an+Issue
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security
@Nick, they have set the security scheme because she can able to see that on one issue and not able to se on another issue bothe issue related to the same project
i am wrong?
If it's not there, then the security level has not been set.
But i never set the security level while creating an issue , for other groups ( with another security level ) it's showed automaticly
but for this new group somtimes it's shown sometimes it's not
I'm sorry, I forgot. I have a feeling that you can only see levels of which you are a member.
Let us say you have security levels A, B and C
You set level A on an issue
User Alice is in the groups that are named in A and B, and Bob is in groups that give him B and C.
Alice will see level A on the issue because that's what is set, and she's part of A
Bob will not see level A on the issue because he can only see the issue because he's part of B
(I'm really not sure - I haven't used security levels enough to know, but I suspect this might be what's happening)
Ach, no, ignore me - Bob won't see the issue at all, he's not in A.
I think you need to establish an exact pattern for this behaviour. Concentrate on one issue, with one security level and then find two users - one who can see it, and one who can't. Then look at the differences between them. What security levels can they see? And also - do the users have rights to set the security levels? (Bearing in mind you can only set a security level which you belong to - I think that's what made me think about the answer above)
Edit - argh, tied myself in knots again and missed out one thought. If the issue is set to level B, then Bob will see the issue, and level B written on it. If Bob then tries to change it, he will only be offered B and C because he's not in A. I think. (I think I need more coffee and a little holiday, before my brain explodes)
What's the difference between the issues you can see the level on and the ones you can't? Different security levels?
i know what you're talking about , i'm talking as an administrator
it's misterious
i created some issues myself once i can see the security level displayed once it's not
Hi,
I have similar issue but the not the exact.
I have setup the security level for a bug if a field Customer = Yes, then User under QA group cannot see that bug. which is fine and as expected.
But the issue is that, I created a bug and i Have Customer - No, and I submit the bug. Now I realize that it should be as Customer = Yes. and I updated the bug in View/Edit screen. Now, I expect to have this bug to be in security level which means should not be visible to QA group users and the bug should display Security level message. But its not happening.
Could anyone advice me please?
Please let me know have any questions?
Regards,
JIRA_USER
How can we then add security level to the exisiting issues?
We are determining a approach to restrict few set of users to view a Issue Type in JIRA Project. We have a plugin called "Issue Type Filter Security" with which we can restrict some set of users to create that Issue Type but we want them not to view, search, browse or query that Issue Type.
We tried the Issue Security scheme approach where we have created a security level and used the group and group custom field value attributes. So ideally by applying this scheme only those issues which are having that custom field should be restricted but we found that all the other Issue Types are getting restricted, If we are creating any other issue type then we are not able to view it after Creation.
We just wanted to know a approach where we can restrict some set of users to browse, view , edit, search a particular type of Issue.
Kindly suggest how can we achieve this. We will wait for your response.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.