Is there a way to track costs and do some billing reports with vanilla JIRA?
What I'd like to be able to do is:
Thanks!
No, it's an issue tracker. It's got worklogs, as you say, and hence you can report on "time spent on project"
But there's no financials in it - you'll need to use add-ons to incorporate and use that sort of data. I'm not sure I'd recommend any specific plugin in the marketplace - I've not used Jira like this really (Well, actually, I have, but the whole thing was written internally and isn't a public plugin)
I would be interested in how to incorporate billing as well
Is this still the case? Or has anything new been added within the past 3 years that will allow you to easily track time spent on a project or task, and then use that data to generate a report of billable time by project (or in my case, by client)?
Not in the Core of JIRA - it's still an issue tracker.
But for financials if you're happy with add-ons, give Tempo timesheets + Tempo Folio a go.
Thanks! How about the ability to at least pull a report on the time spent? When a tech is working on an issue, they have the ability to enter a time-value for how much time they spent working on the issue, correct? Would also be great if the report could be sorted by client and whether the time spent was flagged as billable or not.
Hi All, is this still the case in 2021? still no feature on Jira that allows for reporting on billable time of a project based off the recorded hours tracked on stories?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.