Conf 5.0
10 user license - 10 in use - disabled one to allow another but 'add users' admin tab still says 'This Confluence installation is not licensed for additional users.'
Nic,
I might suggest taking that user out of any group configured with the "Can Use" permission.
Sometimes things get a bit fiddly is a user is disabled, but still part of a permitted group.
Hi Nic, how you have disabled the user?
AS admin, in User Admin, view Users, click to view user and click the 'disable' link. And the user shows 'disabled' - :
"This user has been disabled. This user will not be able to log in to Confluence."
Did you create these users via Confluence, or is your user management hooked up to LDAP/Active Directory/some other external source?
local confluence directory only......
Hmm - is that what I would call a 'bug' then ;-) ?
But thanks anyway - problem solved - fixed in next release, perhaps?
In fact, if I'm correct that disable option works great if you don't changes to the basic groups permission. When you start adding permissions and assign your own groups for "Can Use" it's something you have to revert.
I'm sorrry to disagree! User was member only of confluence-users, and there was no change to that group. Only one custom group had been created, to restrict access to a specific space, and this user was not a member.
If you want access to the instance to analyse please let me know.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.