I have integrated JMC with the next version of our app and am very happy with it. When I first integrated the feedback mechanism I was seeing server side comments and even implemented some UI to show when new messages arrive based on the issue count:
[JMCIssueStoreinstance].newIssueCount
This was working fine until a couple of days ago. The feedback (crashes etc) from the client app appear on the server and in the client's local feedback list, but any responses we add to the issues in Jira do not appear in the chat window.
My JMC options are:
photos:YES
voice:YES
location:YES
crashReporting:YES
notifications:NO
customFields:nil];
Have I broken something on our side or are responses not coming through JMC at the moment?
Edit
Ok. So turning of notifications on the JCM options prevents delivery of feedback respones. Is there a way to still get the responses, but not show the notification bar?
Another Edit
Having a look at the JMC code, doesn't look like I can decouple the notification bar with the delivery of responses. In the meantime I am removing the notification alert code from the notify: message in JMCNotifier.m. So my version looks like:
- (void)notify:(NSTimer *)timer {}
So, I turn the notifications option on, but don't get the notification bar at the bottom of the screen. Be great if there was an option for this in future versions of JMC.
It occurs to me that if I want to have realtime responses in the app, then I probably would need a callback of some kind that gets called from the timer message. I don't need that level of responsiveness (just happy to occasionally check for new messages via newIssueCount and upate my UI at that point).