I'm having trouble with upgrading Confluence from 4.3.7 to 5.1.4 (also tried 5.2RC1) with the installer in Windows. When the installer gets to making a backup of the confluence home (D:\confluence-home) it wont create the backup and then gives me an error "com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.files.CreateZipFileAction failed" with an option to ignore or quit. Ignoring this error looks like it upgrades but then when the browser launches it thinks its a new installation and prompts for a serial number. It does create the backup of my confluence folder to the root of
\ without problem (d:\confluence). I could live without the backup, but the fact that it doesnt perform the upgrade properly and thinks its a new install means i'm going to do it manually like i used to do, pre v3.5.
I realise that this is very similar to: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/20384/jira-upgrade-4-3-to-4-4-3-fails-on-backup-and-on-upgrade but this is Windows, its Confluence, and i have checked for running processes with ProcessExlporer, and run with full domain admin rights. Still no luck.