For years the cover images have remained unaltered and quality has not dropped, but in the last week or so they have been getting converted to webp or jpegs. With the image conversion quality of the image has severely dropped with image transparency disappearing, colors being altered, and image quality becoming blurry.
Is there a fix on the horizon, is this a known bug, or is there an option to prevent the conversion of cover images to these formats? As of right now the only way to view the correct image is to click the attachment and open it in a new window.
Not using pngs are not an option for my work, so I'm looking forward to a potential fix or a reason behind the recent change. I am unable to attach relevant screenshots as I use Trello for work and the converted cover images are also for my work.