I'd like to create some templates injecting various macros as part of the template format. I feel the main answer to my question is going to be ReadTheManual, so if I just need to be pointed to the right docs that's fine.
When I go to create a page template my options seem very limited. I can only use WikiMarkup and FormFields for variables. Can I insert a TableOfContents using wikimarkup? The macro doc page for this only talks about using the RTE editor to Insert -> Other Macro while editing a normal page. Is there anyway to specify this macro should be inserted w/ wiki mark up?
The other thing I was interested in doing was using the template variable FormField prompts for some place holder values. However, from best I can tell from practice and reading exmples, it just prompts you for the literal value and then places it inline where the prompt was placed in the template.
What I want to do is prompt for a couple values and then use these variable names in some JQL queries for the Jira Issues macro (which again leads back to my first issue of not being able to find how to put macros in templates to begin with).