I'm a fan of Atlassian software. Unlike JIRA, Bamboo and Fish Eye, Confluence seems so incredibly buggy. Is quality assurance part of the production process?
Its likely an unfair question since I do not state what exactly is buggy. I started using Confluence a few days ago. Sometimes when I save pages, changes are not applied. When I create links to anchors they frequently do not save correctly. Perhaps, its something in my environment, but I found it difficult to get on with content creation.
Does sound like something in your environment. Maybe if you could give exact conditions when it happens, we could help you pin it down. (For example, I regularly get save-page failures, when I'm on a train, but it's fine in the office/home)
Specifically, when I create anchors via the GUI, confluence is removing some text from the anchor. The result is an anchor that doesn't work. To resolve, I have to enter macro text.
Which version of Confluence? Browser version? What part of the text is being removed?
Linux 3.2.0-43-generic #68-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 15 03:33:33 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Confluence 5.4.2.
the anchors text is being cut in half. like headingone. The anchor may be saved as heading
I agree, I must edit with Confluence regularly, I always use the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, and IE. Since the browsers are constantly changing, but our Confluence install remains static, the QA process doesn't really come into it. It's frustrating because I'm running into so many odd behavior that I don't have time to file a bug report. Built-in features like lists are very unpredictable when copy/pasting. There is no cursor/caret in Firefox and the bug is marked low priority. Page breaks in PDF Export are bizarre if code blocks are used. Cursor jumps around all over the place. Every browser has something wrong with it. It's not like Chrome is perfect; although, so far it's been the most usable.
I get exactly the same issue. Confluence 5.5.3 hosted. Chrome or Firefox or Safari — doesn't seem to matter. The anchor text is truncated.
Yeah, the workaround is to type very slowly. If you type fast, Confluence misses some characters.
That's something in your browser/network setup, not Confluence.
Sorry, I can't agree with you. It happens on any browser, and typically when Confluence is hosted remotely over the Internet. Is there is a custom routine that tries to capture/manipulate characters when entering anchor text? I believe that this routine is causing characters to be skipped when there is a small amount of latency on network.
Some, yes, but it's not that that is the problem, it's your system - I've seen it do that, when I've got dodgy plugins in my browser.
@Jamie Band have you thought about asking a expert to help? We have many confluence instances with more than 50000 users and all work fine for us. Even with wild browser configurations. Did you make sure that your browser is in the supported plattform: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Supported+Platforms
And if yes has the right configuration paramerters: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Browser+Troubleshooting+Guide
Do you have tried using a free trail of https://www.atlassian.com/ondemand/signup/?product=confluence.ondemand&unitCount=10 to verify if it is a problem with your installation?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.