hello, I need to count, how many times the workflow is in one status. Example:
teh workflow is: Status: A, B, C. from A go to B, from B to C o to A. So I need to know how many times the workflow goes from B to A.
thanks!
You will have to do some custom development to report on this. Data is there in the DB and it is only a matter of extracting it and showing it to the user which is where the various plugin modules can help. A report or gadget might be enough but it depends on your requirement.
Another option is to increment a custom field value in the workflow post function but if you want to track all workflow changes, there are just too many combinations and will need lot of custom fields.
Hi Virginia,
If you'd like to go the DB approach, you may want to take a look at the changeitem, changegroup and jiraissue tables.
This should get you a list of the issues that have moved from status B to A in JIRA 6 and newer
select P.pkey,I.issuenum from jiraissue I join project P on I.project=P.id join changegroup CG on CG.issueid=I.id join changeitem CI on CI.groupid=CG.id where CI.field = 'status' and CI.oldstring = 'B' and CI.newstring = 'A'
Older versions should be like this
select I.pkey from jiraissue I join changegroup CG on CG.issueid=I.id join changeitem CI on CI.groupid=CG.id where CI.field = 'status' and CI.oldstring = 'B' and CI.newstring = 'A'
Hope this helps
hi Jobin, thanks for your response.
Do you know any plugin to help me?
In yhe another option, how can I increment a custom field? Can I use a function?
thanks again.
Silly question... this is the sort of thing I need to do. How do I go about running this query against our own Jira system? We don't use ondemand, we have our own server.
@Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist] about your second suggestion, could you provide more detail about how to handle this using a custom field. As far as I know the available post-function to modify a field, does not apply for custom field. So I don't see how to update automatically this custom field. Thanks
JMWE plugin has a function to do it. You can also do it one of the scripting plugins.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.