I have recently started wrting user macros. They are cool and powerful. I am really looking forward to further customizing my confluence site. Here is what I am trying to do and am looking for some help:
I want to write a marco to very similar to the JIRA issue macro, but with a twist. I want to:
- Allow a user to drop the macro on a page
- Click edit macro
- enter a JIRA URL for a list of issues (e.g. XML)
- I want my new macro to:
- Have access to the jira issues
- And be able to act on them in my velocity script - e.g. count the number of issues, access the values in certain fields, etc.
I am not sure how to do everything in 4 above. Can I read the XML into an array? Can I loop through the data in the XML and parse it?
Can I view the source code on the JIRA issue macro and start from there?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!