Hi folks-
I'm running into automation problems, hope someone can help me unwind this and that it's not a gap in Atlassian's features.
I have JPD roadmap issues that are linked to delivery tickets (epics) in other Jira projects. When the linked epic changes state (e.g., backlog to WIP), I want the originating JPD linked issue to also change its workflow state. I created a (global) automation in the delivery issue's project to 'push' the state change to the linked parent but it returns the "NO ACTIONS PERFORMED" "SOME ERRORS" status.
(I've continued tweaking the rule's owner/actor and now get an error, specifically: "Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status)." I am getting the feeling that a JPD issue's Status field cannot be changed through automation triggered from a Jira issue... has anybody done this successfully?)
I'm an org admin. What am i doing wrong?
Thanks!