I am trying to cleanup huge git repo history using BFG cleaner tool.
For same i first create a mirror of git repo to be cleaned.
git clone --mirror git://example.com/some-big-repo.git
I run few commands to do the clean and later when I am finished I try to push my changes.
git push
This fails with below stack trace
Counting objects: 217307, done.
Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (80946/80946), done.
Writing objects: 100% (214361/214361), 666.42 MiB | 1.15 MiB/s, done.
Total 214361 (delta 118358), reused 209184 (delta 114750)
remote: You are attempting to update refs that are reserved for Stash's pull request
remote: functionality. Stash manages these refs automatically, and they may not be
remote: updated by users.
remote:
remote: Rejected refs:
remote: refs/pull-requests/190/from
remote: refs/pull-requests/247/from
remote: refs/pull-requests/247/merge
To ssh://git@example.com/some-big-repo.git
! [remote rejected] CLI-PS-Command-Shows-Tag-And-Branch -> CLI-PS-Command-Shows-Tag-And-Branch (pre-receive hook declined)
! [remote rejected] IBIS-17123 -> IBIS-17123 (pre-receive hook declined)
! [remote rejected] IBIS-17763 -> IBIS-17763 (pre-receive hook declined)
! [remote rejected] IBIS-18435_Branch_7_1 -> IBIS-18435_Branch_7_1 (pre-receive hook declined)
! [remote rejected] IBIS-20151_Rename_non_existing_Object_ia_CLI -> IBIS-20151_Rename_non_existing_Object_ia_CLI (pre-receive hook declined)
! [remote rejected] IBIS-20261_variables_of_queued_processes_71 -> IBIS-20261_variables_of_queued_processes_71 (pre-receive hook declined)
! [remote rejected] IBIS-20589 -> IBIS-20589 (pre-receive hook declined)
! [remote rejected] IBIS-20590 -> IBIS-20590 (pre-receive hook declined)
! [remote rejected] IBIS-20650_head -> IBIS-20650_head (pre-receive hook declined)
...
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git@example.com/some-big-repo.git'
To fix above issue i tried to increase the stash hook buffer capacity as I thought that might be the failure reason.
Go to stash-config.properties
hook.callback.buffer.capacity=15728640
But i still continue to get the push error.
Please advise.