I don't thing that currentUser is a valid option. As far as I know, it does not calculate the current user that runs this script. If one of the 'My field Name' options is actually a string that says 'currentUser', then try to add " around this word.
one of the given examples for conditions is:
currentUser == issue.reporter
so imho currentUser is valid... though something is clearly wrong, because like I said, the condition above doesn't work
A. please provide more data on what you are trying to accomplish. I assume you are using Script Runner to achieve this task B. You should comment instead of answering, otherwise it's harder to reply in an orderly fashion and keep the order generally within Q&A sites.
Basically what I want is for only the user that is identified in a custom field to be allowed to perform a specific workflow transition. For achieving this I was trying to add a condition to the transition (the condition of the tittle of this thread). Yes, I have Script Runner installed. Thank you for your help!
I'd try if it is better to compare user names (as strings) instead of comparing the complete user objects via equals()?
Something like this (not tested, but you will get the idea):
cfValues['My Field Name'].getValue().name == currentUser.name
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.