We have a new Exchange server in a new domain and a new network zone. All mailboxes from the old domain were transferred to the new server with existing access rights, settings, passwords and so on. The only difference is that now I have to use Secure_POP3 instead of POP3 at the old server. After some technical issues I can contact the new server but I can't logon to the mailbox. Every time I test the connection I get that error message:
"AuthenticationFailedException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."
If I try to logon to Outlook WebAccess it works. In JIRA I tried different combinations (IMHO all possible) for domain and username. Secure_POP3 is enabled. All neccessary ports are opened in the internal firewall. The certificates of the mail server is imported to the JIRA key store. My network admins told me every thing is well configured and in the JIRA logs I didn't find a reason for that behaviour. We switched from Exchange 2010 to 2013.
Does anyone had similar issue and found a solution? Please help!
BR Stefan