It seems I have an installation of JIRA that is hosed. I am trying to reinstall the existing version of JIRA 6.1.2. When trying to do so I am advised that the directory already exists and would I please pick another. So I went to the documentation and found the following page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA061/Restarting+JIRA+from+the+Setup+Wizard. Unfortunately JIRA restarts but I still cannot access and the wizard still tells me I need to change directories. All I need is to run the install program preferably without loosing users and the rest of the base configuration. Is there a way to force the wizard to run?
Ah, no, that's not going to work.
If you run the installation wizard, you get an empty Jira. That's it. It won't pull in bits of an old one, and the whole reason you're getting the errors is that you are not starting with a clean installation.
You need to give it an empty directory, let it install an empty Jira and then go about seeing what you can pull in from the damaged/destroyed one later.
Well, not exactly, but I know what you mean!
sorry to hear that as Confluence lets an admin do that....Thanks for the response!
I must actually apologize. I am not looking to overwrite the installation (please forgive my newbiness) but a way to get the Configuration Wizard to kick off again. I was unable to do so. I tried several different ways to make that happen including the link I listed above to no avail. Any further help here would be helpful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.