Dears,
I want to create number filed but this filed is accepting unique values only and can't be duplicated in any other request.
Dev team want priorities request according to numbers and this priority number cann't be duplicated in any oher request
Hi @Mohamed Saad Taha ,
I'm sorry I've missed your question yesterday. Could you help me provide you an answer by telling me more about what your Dev team requires of you?
One of the unique values you can use right out of the box is the key of the Jira-issue. Maybe we can use that to come to a solution.
Do come with some more information though, it makes solving your problem so much easier.
Regards,
Dick
By voting for helpful posts and marking answers to your question, you're helping people with similar questions find a solution more quickly. Sharing is caring applies to knowledge as well
@Dick ,
NO, Dev team want to arrange their qeueu according the filed entered by digital team for example. so if digital team entered in the prioirty number 1 to this is important and Dev team need to work on this request and digital team cann't enter number 1 again till dev team close this request and if they want to change their prioirty they have to free this number first then create new request wth this number
Ah, if I understand correctly, you want to create some priority slots that each can "hold" a single ticket. That ticket needs to be resolved prior to having another ticket assigned to that priority slot ?
Please confirm my assumption or correct me if I'm mistaken.
Yes, exactly
Hi Mohamed,In addition to my "solution" you could let:
Reasoning for the above:
It is easier to deal with a full/empty fixed slot than needing to check the numbers given to random issues in the project.
Would this expanded line of thought help you?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.