I want to verify a domain for sending emails, which requires setting a TXT record on the domain, for example as described in documentation:
https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/copy-and-add-dns-records-to-your-domain-provider/
However, my DNS for this domain is on AWS Route53, and I already have a TXT record for google-site-verification. Route53 won't allow me to add a second TXT record, so I am unable to complete the Atlassian domain verification. Is there a workaround or other solution?
What behavior are you seeing in Route 53 that suggests that you can't have more than one TXT record?
It's with a different DNS provider, but I have several TXT records with the same name and they all get returned when I do a DNS query of them. I don't remember Route53 being any different when I used it.
edit: it might be a semantic difference in how the UI displays the record. My provider shows different values as different records, whereas on R53:
A TXT record contains one or more strings that are enclosed in double quotation marks (").
"
Using the AWS console interface, I get:
Error occurredA record with the specified name already exists.(InvalidChangeBatch 400: Tried to create resource record set [name='fc.bard.edu.', type='TXT'] but it already exists)
But thanks for confirming this isn't necessarily a global phenomenon -- I did some digging and discovered that one simply needs to have the multiple TXT values added to the same record -- they actually document this as "To enter more than one TXT value, enter one value per row."
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.