Hi, I think that JIRA shouldn't send me an email to notify me that I modified anything in an issue. I already know about it!
I don't find it very smart. Can I avoid this behaviour?
Go to user profile and uncheck the option to notify of your own changes.
You can do it globally from Administration > User preferences.
thanks! This option should be enabled by default.
@Nick really? I don't expect mails from myself when I do a change.
You can set it in the default user preferences.
Off the shelf, it's counter-intuitive - people testing a new installation will complain that they don't understand why they aren't getting email, but it is VERY useful to turn it off by default once your administrators know about it and can explain.
This might be helpful to troubleshoot notifications:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.