I lost my phone and now need to restore Jira 2fa in google authenticator at a new phone.
How can I add Jira to GA? Where can I get the QR code to add it?
FYI - I can't disable 2FA in my account, there is no button for that.
Hello @Juliia Bogdanovych
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Did you create a recovery code when you set up MFA, as per this document on MFA setup?
https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/manage-two-step-verification-for-your-atlassian-account/
If you don't have a recovery code, that same document offers two resources:
If you've lost your recovery key, see our Login issues related to two-step verification or contact Atlassian support to get back into your account.
Hi @Trudy P Claspill
I have 10 recovery keys, yes. But they are for one time login and for a continious use I need to add Jira to google authenticator.
I have not walked through the process, but looking at the above document I believe that you need to log in with one of the Recovery Keys.
https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/manage-two-step-verification-for-your-atlassian-account/#Recover-your-account
Based on my experience with enabling MFA for Okta using an Authenticator app on a phone, I believe you will then need to disable MFA on your account, and then re-enable MFA on your account. As part of the re-enablement execute the steps for Use an authentication app on your smartphone and I expect that will give you a new QR code that you can scan with your new phone.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.