We're currently running Atlassian Stash 2.8.2 and I have just downloaded the installer for 3.1. From version 3.1 there is a bin file similar to JIRA and Confluence and I would love to switch across to this install method rather than using the zip file method however when I try to do the upgrade using the bin file it seems to want to do a fresh install. Below is the console output:
[root@wpujra0201 stash]# ./atlassian-stash-3.1.0-x32.bin
testing JVM in /usr ...
testing JVM in /usr/lib/jvm/jre ...
testing JVM in /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0 ...
testing JVM in /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk ...
testing JVM in /usr/lib/jvm/jre-openjdk ...
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...
This will install Stash 3.1.0 on your computer.
OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c]
Where should Stash be installed?
[/opt/atlassian/stash/3.1.0]
/opt/stash/install
It appears that the target installation directory is not empty. Please choose an empty or new directory path.
Where should Stash be installed?
Any suggestions how I can get this to upgrade rather than do a fresh install?
Thanks!