Hi everyone,
I’m looking to create a custom field of type Checkboxes for a single project where the available options differ based on the issue type. Here’s an example for Project P:
- For Issue Type Task, the options should be: Option A, Option B, Option C.
- For Issue Type Sub-task, the options should be: Option E, Option F, Option G.
- For Issue Type Story, the options should be: Option I, Option J, Option K.
- For Issue Type Bug, the options should be: Option X, Option Y, Option Z.
From my understanding, the feature Configuring Custom Field Contexts (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-custom-field-contexts-1047552717.html) allows for setting contexts for custom fields, but it seems to be limited to assigning only one context to a custom field for a project at a time. This means we cannot add multiple contexts for a single custom field within the same project to accommodate different issue types.
Is there a solution to achieve this without creating multiple custom fields? I would like to have a single custom checkbox field where the options vary depending on the issue type within the same project.