I've added labels to some issues. I can log in and out of JIRA and open the Labels for the issues repeatedly, and the labels show up. But when I search for the labels I get no results. Why would this occur?
I found the problem. The issues that weren't showing up didn't include the Labels as a shown field in their field configuration. Once I updated the field configuration and reindexed the system the labels started working as expected.
Are you using the labelText: (label) syntax? You can see more about searching here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF50/Viewing+Labels+and+Labelled+Content
Hope this helps!
Sorry, Just realized this was for JIRA and not Confluence.
Are you using JQL - labels = "LabelName" and getting nothing back? If so, have you tried doing a re-index?
I am using labels = "LabelName" and getting nothing back. I'll try reindexing and giving it another go. Thanks!
So the reindexing didn't help. I can still see my labels, correctly applied, but the search for them gives me a no results response. Thank you for the suggestion though.
Are you using self hosted or cloud? Is it happening on all labels and all issues?
We have a self-hosted option with JIRA 6.2.3. The search seems to be failing for issues in the project I'm testing, but I have seen results returned for a general search across all projects, using labels I haven't personally added. Though when I use one of those labels in my project, I can't see that specific issue returned, even though other issues with the label in other projects are returned.
Do you have the appropriate permissions to those issues?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.