I have read previous posts regarding due dates from epics to child tickets but nothing so far has worked for my particular use case.
I have a new service request called Request for Change where users go to the portal to request modifications to services or new services that are smaller than a project but not standard requests. This is a new request type in JSM called RFC.
After forms are filled out for users, managers and IT reviewers an Epic is created in another project for whatever assigned team is set. I have automations that have updates to status's and priorities to update the JSM RFC ticket and in reverse the Epic when the RFC ticket is updated.
The requirement is that when the project updates the epic with a due date, it should update the RFC ticket in JSM which the reporter and requested participants can then be notified of from the portal.
I cannot for the life of me get the Due Date to update either way though.
I have tried the following:
Trigger: When value changes for Due Date
Branch for Linked Issues (I've created a new link for this process: Link to Epic and Link to RFC), Then Edit issues field Due Date - Copy from current issue
No joy
Are there any other options I could try? I do not want to use any plugins.