Confluence does something really annoying, which is auto formatting my content. It is very hard to manage.
When I export to PDF, it takes some areas which are "paragraph" as "heading 3".
Is there a way to switch this feature off please?
Thanks
Hi MPal,
I don't think you can turn the feature off per-se, but you can override the PDF styling when you export:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF
-Simon
Hi Simon,
Is there a way to turn off the rich text formatting? Even when I edit content in confluence it sometimes puts linebreaks and stuff as it wishes.
Afraid not - the rich text/WYSIWYG editor can't be turned off while editing. There are quirks and bugs we are working on - hopefully it will improve over time.
You can always edit the source diectly with the Source Editor plugin, but it is tougher than the rich text editor:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor
Hi,
It may be late, but you may try the following:
Navigate to user profile > Settings > (From the left side bar) Editor
Then press Edit and "Disable Autoformatting".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.