Is there a way to prevent someone from logging time on an issue if either the issue is closed, or if the time would exceed the remaining estimated hours?
you can prevent to enter work log if the issue is closed by using workflow properties,
try with this by adding on closed state properties
jira.permission.worklog=denied
check this for more infomation
http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html
OK, that seems to work in JIRA, in that the JIRA Log Time dialog is disabled. BUT, I have the Tempo add-on installed, and it doesn't seem to honor the property.
Also, there was a second part to the question: Is there any way to limit the number of hours entered to what the remaining hours?
OK, once you make an issue not-editable in JIRA, you need to also tell tempo it can't edit those issues either. Go to Administration-> Add-ons->Tempo (on the left side bar)->Global Configuration. Then uncheck the "Allow logging on not editable issues" checkbox.
I am also interested in this feature. I would appritiate if someone can point where to look.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.