I have been researching a way to get a complete, "drag-and-drop" work list for my team. The intent is to use this as a Master Priority list for my department.
The Backlog view is not helpful because it automatically breaks out work assigned to a Sprint. My team needs to see a complete list of open work items, regardless of Sprint, so that if something higher-priority comes up, we know what to pause while we work on the new item.
The views in the Structure app work really well because they can show ALL the work and have amazing column customization. Unfortunately, any time I try to use the drag feature at the left of the rows, I get an error saying I can't re-order JQL results. Even when I use the Generators instead of a JQL query, I get the same error.
Has anyone figured out a way to pull a list of ALL work in a Project that allows for custom [drag-and-drop] re-ordering? Ideally, this list would also be able to be filtered by Execution Team as well, but not lose that custom ranking.
This is #1 on the list of functionality lost switching from Rally to Jira. Very frustrating. We are having to run our prioritization off a Tableau dashboard and eyeball the Jira Backlog. It's not efficient or accurate.