I am trying to move JIRA to another harddrive and found documentation on doing this during an upgrade.
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server
I've tried the install 2-3 times now and each time I get stuck trying to get the server to start (section 3.5 in doc link above). The new instance fails to start:
JIRA Startup Failed - You cannot access JIRA at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons
Description - The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:
Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)
Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)
Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
The only plugin's that I have added to the 4.2 install is the JEMH email handler, I haven't figured out what these other plugin's are.
These failures are directly related to pointing to a copy of the 4.2v home directory. If I do the 4.4 install and point to a blank folder to use as the home directory, the install happens correctly but then I'd have to do a lot of setup trying to recreate the existing data.
I'm done messing with this tonight, perhaps I'll figure it out this week. In the mean time, if anyone recognizes what's going on here and has a direction to point me in, I thank you.