I am trying to import from a Redmine instance but see the following error:
Cannot login to Redmine site: Forbidden. Please check the user has proper permissions.
The credentials suplied are valid and can be used to login to Redmine. Also I checked if the REST interface is available. When I access the endpoint directly: https://reverseproxy/redmine/projects/rdklitecz/issues.jsonthe REST interface returns a json file
Could someone advise what might be wrong?
Hello Lucas,
On Redmine Setup Page Importer verify that you have provided a proper user account by sending a GET request to your Redmine server: http://<yourserver>/users.json . We have chosen this request because it also checks that the provided Redmine account has an administrator permissions (which are required to do the import from Redmine).
Best Regards,
Przemek
When opening https://reverseproxy/redmine/redmine/users.json only a blank page is displayed but no error. Might it be my rights are insufficient?
Yes, I think the most probable case is that you do not have an administrator rights to the Redmine instace.
I'm getting the same error as posted by OP. However, I can see that I can fetch http://myserver/users.json.
Here is the Redmine version information:
Environment:
Redmine version 2.2.3.stable
Ruby version 1.9.3 (x86_64-linux)
Rails version 3.2.12
Hope that helps. If required, I can give access to my Redmine instance to debug any issues with JIRA importer.
Hi,
it's possible that you are facing problems due to some special proxy settings / network issues etc. The best way to try find out what's happening underneath JIRA importer is to add an additonal log level to your JIRA:
In System -> Logging and Profiling settings, please add DEBUG logging level to: "com.taskadapter" and retry to do the import. Now you should see all HTTP requests/responses that are done by the importer in the JIRA logs.
If you cannot see anything suspicious in the logs (or you cannot access them) or you simply can't try it. Please open a Support request under JIM project: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM, I would be happy to investiagate your problem and help with any import-export issues. Remember to set the Security level to "Reporters & atlassian-staff", if you are sharing any informations about your server/credentials in the issue.
Sorry, I could not find System -> Logging and Profiling settings. I'm on Jira OnDemand. Thanks for your help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.