How do I disable the WYSIWYG editor in Trello? I used to be able to do it in Trello labs, but that option is missing.
Hello @andrew ,
As of August 15th, Trello has enforced the use of the new WYSIWYG editor, making it impossible to switch back to the markdown editor.
But, I've created a browser extension that brings legacy markdown editor back.
Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/better-trello/dnhdnenpngcecekbhklemaidbdpibiaeFirefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/pl/firefox/addon/better-trello/
If you have any issues, please let me know!
I love the idea, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for markdown editing (at least in Brave). All of the other options are nice, though.
@andrew ,
It's currently working only for card description. I will check if there's any issue with Brave browser and fix it if possible.
I slapped together a script to add a textarea. It's not ideal, but it's far better than mixing markdown/rich text like the current editor.
https://github.com/anorman728/trello-regular-textarea/tree/master
Update: Unfortunately, this is no longer working quite right after some change that Trello made, which isn't surprising. I made some updates to make it kind of work, but I can't get line breaks to preserve in the rich-text version. I don't have time to follow every update they make.
The best I can say is that people need to stop using Trello since they're actively hostile to their users. Unfortunately, most people don't have this option. Even Slack backed off of this.
var shitboxes = document.getElementsByClassName('new-comment');
Based.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.