We are using JIRA Studio with 15 developer licenses and 10 collaborator licenses. We have more users entered than that, but the others have been removed from the "users" group and thus are disabled. Within JIRA, this is fine. However, when newly added users attempt to make changes to a page within Confluence, they receive the following error:
----------------------------------------------------
This Confluence installation is not licensed for additional users
You have exceeded the maximum number of users for your license. You will still be able to view content, but in order to create or edit content, you must reduce the number of active users in the installation.
There are two ways to reduce the number of active users:
* Disable users
* Delete users
To disable or delete a user, visit the Manage Users page then search for their name. After following the appropriate link you can choose the 'Remove' or 'Disable' option.
----------------------------------------------------
It would seem that the users I have disabled by removing them from the "users" group are still hanging on to their Confluence permissions at the expense of the newly activiated users. I have looked for another area to manage users in addition to the Administration --> General --> Users page, but without much luck.
I'd be surprised if I am the first to encounter this, but searching Google and the Atlassian support site hasn't turned up a solution.
Any ideas?