I can send an email and a ticket is auto-created in JIRA and shown as unassigned. However, when I assign it to a current assignee they are not receving notification that it has been assigned. How can I fix this?
I have solved the problem. We were not using the 'assign' button but were changing the name in the assignee field that is above the reporter name. Once we used the 'assign' button the email notifcation worked.
Did you use the assignee function or change the assignee while editing?
When you say current assignee, do you mean the user that you are logged into at the moment? There is an user profile setting to receive emails for actions done by you.
Capture.JPG
I use the assignee function. I am assigning the issue to another user. I need for them to receive and email notification that they are being assigned an issue.
Hi, have you check your notification scheme for that project in the administration section? Make sure you have the Issue assigned event configured to notify the current user.
Try adding the reporter too to see if the reporter is getting the mail.
That is a known behavior. I should have been more explicit about using the button instead of 'the function'
Issue supposedly fixed in JIRA 6.3.10 and 6.4-OD-10 I know 6.3.10 is available now.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29328 - Editing Assignee should trigger 'Issue Assigned' event
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.