Hello JIRA Community,
I'm encountering an issue when moving an issue from one issue type to another in JIRA, specifically from "Observation" to "Defect". Initially, when I moved the issue without any sub-tasks, the transition was smooth, and I didn't face any prompts for mandatory fields or the "Retain" field values option.
However, after I created a sub-task under the issue, and then attempted to move the parent issue to the "Defect" type again, I was prompted to fill out several mandatory fields and was presented with the "Retain" field values option. This wasn't the case when there was no sub-task involved.
Can anyone explain why this happens and how I can configure my workflow or field settings to avoid these prompts when moving issues with sub-tasks? Any advice on how to streamline this process would be greatly appreciated.
Screenscheme/Field configuration same for both issuetype.but when I create a new sub-task only facing the issue.
Thanks in advance for your help!