Is there a way to get the URL that when clicked on opens a browser tab to that component on a statuspage.io? Right now, I just have the main URL so a user will have to scroll down to a component.
Hi @Greg Davis
Thank you for contacting the Atlassian Community. I am Tejaswi from the Support team. At present, we don't offer an option to directly obtain links to the status page components. I have created a new feature request, STATUS-851, to address this issue. I encourage you to monitor the status page community for any updates on this feature request.
Best regards,
Tejaswi
Thanks. We have some users who want to jump to a certain component instead of having to scroll down to it. I thought a specific URL to that component would solve that issue.
Hi @Greg Davis ,
While waiting for STATUS-851 to be delivered, there is some configuration work you could do today that will solve this using HTMl/CSS overrides in statuspage if you are comfortable with a little javascript.
I have a client with over 100 components that had the same requirement to have a link go directly to the component on the page. To accomplish this we used a javascript embedded in the Custom footer HTML through the customize HTML & CSS feature of statuspage. below is the script we are using:
<script>document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function() {// Parse URL parametersconst urlParams = new URLSearchParams(window.location.search);const componentName = urlParams.get('component');// Check if the componentName is present in the URLif (componentName) {// Attempt to find the span with the corresponding textconst spans = document.querySelectorAll('span.name');let found = false;spans.forEach(function(span) {if (span.textContent.trim() === componentName) {span.scrollIntoView({ behavior: 'smooth' });found = true;}});if (!found) {console.error('Component not found: ', componentName);}}});</script>
Once you've added the script to the custom footer HTML you can provide a link to your users directly to the component using a query after the url. The format you can use is below (just replace YOURPAGE with your statuspage & Component_Name with the name of your component)
https://YOURPAGE.statuspage.io/?component=Component_Name
I hope this helps while we await the enhancement from Atlassian.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.