Hi all,
Is there anyway to reference a page that has a large set of expand macros to where the reference would expand only the given macro that was referenced?
Thanks,
Robert
Hi Robert,
You can include this user macro in all pages in a space (or just include the javascript in all pages using the Custom HTML area) and it will automatically expand only the area where the anchor is embedded:
https://bitbucket.org/stephendeutsch/confluence-user-macros/src/bb28804121a99ccd01b95d0ebed4097468d0244d/anchor_in_expand/anchor_in_expand_macro.vm?at=master
However, are you also wanting it to close any other expanded expand macros? It doesn't do that (yet).
Very cool! How do you reference it though as it is does not have a title?
Never mind I figured it out. Love it. Wish I could up-vote it twice :-)
Glad you like it As a bonus, it also converts regular anchor links (i.e. #anchor) to Confluence style anchor links automatically (i.e. #PAGETITLE-anchor)
I'm trying to use the code and must be missing something. I added the code in an html macro onto the page that has the expand macro (before the macros). I placed the anchor within the expand macro. However, when I click on the link to the expand macro page, nothing expanded. What am I missing?
Are both your anchor-expand macro and anchor inside the expand macro?
I'm also trying to use this code. I added it to an HTML macro at the top of the wiki page, but that didn't work. Next, I added it to the footer of the space layout. Both attempts failed. What am I not understanding here?
Hi Rob,
This is actually an older version of the code that I have not updated. Could you try the code from here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-27357?focusedCommentId=673236&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-673236
and see if that makes any difference?
Thanks for your help, I probably don't have sufficient privileges to activate this code. I'm getting the following error "Error rendering macro 'html' : Security restricted macro is not allowed. An edit restriction includes an unauthorized entry: username@email.com".
@Stephen Deutsch - your macro works, now I just need to decide where to insert it - @ the page, space, or wiki level. The low-tech solution would be to separate the collapsed sections into child pages, but that's not so great from a UX perspective.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.